TikTok is assembling a local partnership arm of its global Operations and Marketing organization and is hiring to fill the Content Partnerships Manager position. The job listing is open to people to people in Lagos (Nigeria), Kenya, and Johannesburg (South Africa).
This local arm will serve TikTok’s western, eastern and southern markets – areas where the short-video platform is used the most. Via this local arm, TikTok is looking to provide more commitment to regions that have received less focus but are making waves on the platform irrespective. The goal is to understand and provide an enabling environment for creators existing in these regions.
When the position gets filled, the Content Partnerships Manager for sub-Saharan Africa will be charged with the onus of enforcing TikTok’s plans for these regions and leading localization. Some of the verticals that will be focused on will include fashion, beauty, food, travel, motivation, education, etc.
According to the listing, the responsibilities of the Content Partnerships manager include;
- Acquire, onboard, and foster strong relationships with content partners.
- Negotiate and execute partner agreements to unlock differentiated outcomes through partnerships.
- Develop a comprehensive localized approach to drive partner development and growth, focusing on PGC/PUGC (top publishers, public figures).
- Use data and experience to define unique strategies to suit local market needs.
- Track, analyze, and optimize the performance of local content partners.
- Deliver account performance reviews for top partners to drive performance and growth and build strategic alignment.
- Increase publisher content quality, platform engagement, and audience growth, as well as analyze individual and overall creator performance.
- Use creative thinking for campaign ideation and to enhance the quality of the content.
The qualifications that are required of the Content Partnerships Manager include;
- A Bachelor’s degree or above, with a minimum of 4+ years in an external facing partner role or creator facing experience in TV/media or Internet, working with talent and content creators.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, negotiating, and executing content partnerships. This is not an advertising or sales role.
- Keen interest in lifestyle and education across Sub-Saharan Africa and the ability to influence others in the space.
- Existing relationships with a network of top creators, influencers, brands, publishers, institutions, and content partners within categories such as fashion, beauty, food, travel, motivation, and other instructional content lead them towards partnership.
- Deep understanding of the publisher and creator landscape.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable providing partner support over the phone, email/web, and in-person.
- Proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, strong attention to detail, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to business needs and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form.
- This position can be based in South Africa, Nigeria, or Kenya
Click here to apply for TikTok’s Content Partnerships Manager position.